Application example EPI-TAG in educational institutions29. April 2020
Application example EPI-TAG in hotels29. April 2020
Application example EPI-TAG in data centers
Google, Facebook, Apple or company data, CRM and ERP systems - No matter how much turnover and how many employees a company has, over 80% of all companies today have a direct or indirect business dependency on the Internet. Customer data in the data center and the associated CRM and ERP software in the cloud. As an operator of data centers, you have to guarantee a high level of reliability of the server structures, because without this guarantee you run the risk that your customers will look for another data center. For you, the operative business is often about the highest possible utilization of your servers. But what happens if your servers fail due to an electrical fire?
The greatest risks often lurk where you don't look every day and where the variable components cannot be planned for you. Your server racks are equipped with temperature sensors and monitoring systems - but what about the heart of your system? The electronic distributors for power supply! Electronic fires in distributors and consumers are among the most common causes of fire worldwide. Overheating in the main and sub-distributions and high consumption can result in fires that pose a great risk to people and property.
Risk factors in the data center:
- Permanent and strong consumers (server racks) High traffic and a lot of data on your server not only increases your sales - but also the consumption of your electronic components.
- Overloading the sub-distribution If too many consumers are switched on in a subdistribution board , this can lead to an overload in the system.
- Loose contacts and corrosion in the distribution board over time, due to careless assembly or corrosion, the contact at the connection points, between cables and distributors, loosens, which leads to:
- Development of heat through contact resistance Contact resistances due to less cable contact lead to heat development and sometimes fire.
- The risk factors mentioned at the beginning lead to electrical fires. These spread quickly over other components. In no time an entire room is on fire.
- Personal injury and property damage from fire and fire water (personal injury in the first place) Fires repeatedly lead to serious injuries, from smoke poisoning to death. Fire quickly destroys entire buildings. Even the extinguishing water required for a small fire can cause considerable damage to the interior. Just like the smell anchored deep in the rooms.
- Loss of sales and profits due to temporary closings After a fire, operation in the data center must be stopped at least in some areas until the renovation work is completed. During this time, some customers cannot access your data, which in turn leads to lost sales.
- Renovation costs and negative headlines In addition to the financial challenge, a fire always damages the image. Which customer likes to leave their data in a data center that cannot be reached continuously?